Search This Blog

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Barrow Walk

No post about set dance this week because both session were a recap of the three dances that we've already covered: the Ballyvourney, Slieve Luchra and Merchant. I expect we will have a new dance to learn in the upcoming week.


This is the midpoint of my visit to Ireland and I just can't believe how the time has flown by.  Last weekend I arranged a walk on the River Barrow with a group of friends that I've walked with many times during my stays here, although my dearest friend, Mary, was unable to make it. 

We set up base at The Clink Hotel in Carlow, https://www.theclinkboutiquehotel.com/ which couldn't have been better.  If you are ever anywhere near County Carlow in Carlowtown, this is the place to stay. The sleeping rooms and the meals were all perfect for the two long walks we did.  The Barrow Way is just a stone's throw from the hotel.  We arrived on Saturday morning and started our walk to Milford, where we were treated to a catered lunch provided by The Clink.  White table cloth, napkins, upholstered chairs and two staff served an amazing lunch for our group of 10.  We returned on the same path in reverse, for a total of 12 miles.

On Sunday we were provided a bag lunch and walked 19 kilometers to Athy, where the drivers in our group dropped their cars earlier that morning.  The whole thing was amazing, fun and very taxing.  I was so happy to have done the arranging and to have everything come off so well.

No comments:

Post a Comment