Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A red letter day! I just had to post today to commemorate the historic visit of Ireland's President Higgins to England, the first state visit between the two countries ever. It is so wonderful.

Tomorrow we leave for Claremorris in advance of the performance of Alan's play at the festival there on Thursday.  On a personal level this is pretty poignant because this play is based on a conversation with my sister Pat.  Also this week, her son, Joseph's murderer finally has come to justice.  On Monday, he was sentenced to 18 years, 22 years after he shot Joseph dead in a home invasion robbery.  I hope Alan wins the competition but regardless it will be great to see the play.  I hope we can tape it. If so, I'll post it here.

All in all, a good few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment