Search This Blog

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Today is the start of the equinox and we really know short days here now.  It's 9:41 a.m. and daybreak was just a half hour ago.  Tomorrow it will be at 9:30.  Sunset will be around 3:45 today and 3:30 tomorrow.  I'm hoping the days lengthening is as apparent. 

I wish Happy Holidays to everyone reading this and hope you are all planning for some good memories in the week to come.  We are headed to Donegal and will visit my mother's grave and some of her family.  We are spending Christmas Day in Fermanagh, which is in the adjoining county to Donegal but in Northern Ireland.  The place we're going is the place the G8 is going to meet this spring, so we're expecting a lot.

This is going to be a short post but I leave you with a link to the Ballyvourney Jig, the Irish set dance I learned this year.  Watching it, you will see how much fun I've had since I started last September, by the time I'm back in the states, I'm going to be ready to start a group!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fa0h_ieKeU

With all my best wishes for a Happy Christmas and health and prosperity in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment